What to Buy in March – 5 Items at Deep Discounts
March is the month where it seems to not quite be winter, but not also quite spring. Until the end of the month, there also aren’t many occasions to buy special items for. With this in mind, it may seem like there isn’t much to really buy this month.
However, the opposite is actually true! Since this is a bit of an “off” month commercially, many stores discount out of season items to help them move out the door. Be sure to jot these 5 things down for what to buy in March!
1. Frozen Foods – March is a great time to have extra freezer space! Did you know that March is National Frozen Foods month? As such, many stores will be placing their frozen food items on sale and manufacturers will likely be releasing frozen food coupons for you to pair with the sales for an extra-awesome deal. Also be on the lookout at your local stores for bundles deals such as buying x number of items and saving $x or buy x, y and z and get a for free.
2. Luggage – The winter travel season is pretty much over and it’s a couple months before Spring and Summer traveling will really begin. That means it’s the perfect time to invest in that new set of luggage you’ve been eyeing as it will likely be discounted to help move items out the door.
3. St. Patrick’s Day Items – St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th, which means on the 18th all things St. Patrick’s will go on sale to get them out the door. Themed candies, foods (corned beef, cabbage), decorations, dinnerware, etc. will likely all be at great prices at your local stores. I love getting some decorations for the next year and getting a cheap corned beef to freeze and enjoy in a few months.
4. Winter Clothing – March seems to be the month whether mother nature can’t decided if it should be cool or warm, doesn’t it? Spring will be here before we know it and bringing all the new Spring fashions with it. As such, stores are clearing out all the winter clothing left behind which means great buys for you! You may even be able to find deals online at places like Walmart.com While the styles will still likely be used this year in the colder climates, be sure to take your kid’s growth, etc. into mind when looking for deals.
5. Jewelry and Perfume – The next holiday where jewelry and perfume are popular isn’t really until Mother’s day. Because of this, a lot of stores will price jewelry and perfume cheaper than normal to encourage consumers to buy since there isn’t a special occasion in sight for a while.