One of the questions we get asked most often as cat owners is how we can have so many cats without any of our furniture being all scratched up nor destroyed. My answer is to always have plenty of cat-friendly scratchers nearby – especially cat trees and condos. As you can see above, our cats really love them as well. You may think that cat trees and condos are too expensive or that you don’t have the space, but there are actually several cat trees and condos for under $100 and some that are uniquely built to be apartment and condo friendly.
Top Cat Trees and Condos for Under $100
Testing H3 Styling
1. Trixie Baza Cat Tree for $35.00 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). This is a small cat tree (16″ x 16″ x 20″) that would be perfect for single cat homes with space concerns. The tree features 2 different scratching material surfaces and comes with a dangling pom pom toy. With 103 reviews, this cat tree has an average rating of 4.6/5.
2. Altea Scratching Post - Anthracite for $44.59 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). This medium-large cat tree (16″ x 16″ x 46″) has multiple levels which is great if you have more than one cat or a cat that really likes to climb. I really like that the platforms are actually in a gray color as our cream cat trees are constantly covered in black fur. The tree also comes with a dangling pompom. With 30 reviews, this cat tree has an average rating of 3.7/5 stars.
3. Armarkat Cat Tree Model A4201 for $46.01 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). This is a medium sized cat tree (6″ l x 14″ w x 42″h) that would be good for homes with 1-2 cats. Both of our cat trees are made by Armarkat and have lasted over 2 years without any signs of heavy wear and tear, even with 4 cats. This cat tree features a variety of scratching surfaces, a box with holes for climbing, sleeping and hiding and a platform at the top. With 15 reviews, this cat tree has an average rating of 3.4/5.
4. Trixie Badalona Cat Tree for $50.99 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). This cat tree is medium in size (15″ x 15″ x 43″) and perfect if you have just a couple of cats. I love that the tree has a variety of scratching materials, platforms at different heights and a large bottom section that provides both stability and a hiding or sleeping area. With 8 reviews, this cat tree has an average rating of 3.1/5.
5. SmartCat Multi-Level Cat Climber for $51.93 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). I really love this cat “tree” because it great for places limited on space as it actually attaches to a door instead of sitting on the floor! This means it also has plenty of support – one picture on Amazon actually has 4 cats on the climber at one time. With 195 reviews, this cat climber has an average rating of 3.5/5.
6. Idirectmart 36″ Cat Tree Condo Scratcher for $56.02 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). This cat tree is on the smaller side at 15.5″ x 15.5″ x 36″, but looks to be solidly built and has one of the higher average ratings of 4.2/5 with 37 reviews.
7. Armarkat Cat Tree Model A5201, Beige for $63.01 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). This cat tree is great for those that like to hide as it contains a hiding cubby and platforms along with scratching posts. (20″ l x 20″ w x 52″ h) With 27 reviews, it has a rating of 3.7/5.
8. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture Beige for $63.99 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). This is a large cat tree (21″W x 21″L x 52″H) and is great for cats that like to run up things as it has a ramp as well as several scratching posts and platforms. With 2 reviews, the average rating of this cat tree is 3.5/5.
9. Majestic Pet – Majestic Bungalow Cat Tree for $64.68 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). This is a cat tree that is taller without being on the wider side (15″ x 15″ x 52″) and features a cubby for hiding as well as platforms and scratching posts. With 50 reviews, the average rating of this cat tree is 4/5.
10. Armarkat Cat Tree for $67.99 at Amazon.com (last checked 1/10/13). This is a large cat tree (38″ l x 28″ w x 58″ h) and I think is a great deal even if it is the most expensive on our list since it features a ramp, hiding cubby, platforms, scratching posts, sisal rope as well as a hole the cats can play and climb through. It is also the brand of cat tree we have 2 of that are still in great condition after 2 years. This tree comes highly rated with 1957 reviews with an average rating of 4.6/5.
Please keep in mind that at the time this post was written all prices are current and all items are being sold by Amazon with free shipping. However, prices may fluctuate and suppliers may change, so be careful when purchasing.