When the boyfriend and I first moved in together, money was tight, so we didn’t have a lavish gift budget. However, I still wanted to give him something. I tend to think of gifts as being from the heart and often find the ones that don’t cost much money, if any, are the best to both give and receive. At the time we used coupons heavily to keep our grocery shopping in budget, so I had the idea to create a homemade coupon book for him.
This was at Christmas time and we opted to get some things for the kitchen and house instead of buying each other gifts, so on the coupons I included things like making his favorite dinner or pie, doing his least favorite chore for him (I don’t know about you, but having a week off from litter box duty would be an awesome gift ;), etc. He loved them so much that I continued our new “tradition” through Valentine’s Day, so I thought I would share my idea for some printables to make your own homemade Valentine’s Day Coupon Books full of love coupons.
While these are great to give to your significant other as a thoughtful gift as I did, they are also great for kids to give to their parents or a gift for the parents to give to the kids for something besides candy and will have the kids giddy that they get to use their coupons as they want. Here are some ideas of what to make the coupons out for.
Valentine’s Day Coupon Ideas for Adults:
- Make their favorite meal/dessert/snack/etc.
- A week of doing a chore they hate
- Watching a movie of their choice (no complaining allowed 😉
- Date night of their choice
- Takeout or restaurant of their choice
- If making a coupon book for your significant other, use your imagination for some more “adult themes” – I love the devilish coupon below for this one 🙂
Valentine’s Day Coupon Ideas for Kids:
- Getting to stay up past bedtime
- No chores for the day
- Meal/dessert/snack of their choice
- Activity of their choice
- Watch their favorite TV show/movie
Homemade Valentine’s Day Gifts: Printable Valentine’s Day Coupon Books
Here are the printable pages. Note that each page contains 2 of the coupons (except for the front page) that are larger than pictured below and are on a page that should easily fit on a single piece of standard printer paper. To make them higher quality you could use heavier stock paper and make sure you print in the highest quality.
How to Make Your Valentine’s Day Coupon Book:
1. Print the number of desired coupons from the printables above. When you click on the image, you’ll be taken to a PDF that you can print from. Each PDF contains 2 coupons per page (except for the front page). If you can’t open it, download Adobe Reader.
2. Cut out the coupons from the paper and write in what the coupon is good for. If for the kids, you may want to add in some fine print about not being able to stay up too late on school nights, etc. 😉
3. To put the coupon book together, I suggest punching a hole in the top corner of the pages and then tying together with a pretty ribbon. You could also just glue them together or put them in a pretty envelope.