15 Recipes for Corned Beef
Did you know that having a corned beef dinner on St Patrick’s Day actually isn’t an Irish tradition but rather an Irish-American tradition? Either way, though there is no Irish ancestry in my family that I know of, corned beef is a dish that we love on both St. Patrick’s Day and year round. However, I don’t want to always make it the same old way, so I did a bit of poking around and found these 15 recipes for corned beef.
1. Corned Beef and Cabbage – This is a boiled dinner that has some extra seasonings and is very similar to the way we usually cook our boiled dinners.
2. Corned Beef and Cabbage – When I want to give a dish a try for the first time, I often turn to Cook’s Illustrated/America’s Test Kitchen/Cook’s Country for guidance and this is their take on the classic.
3. Baked Guinness Corned Beef – My own delicious recipe thanks to inspiration from others. The beer really helps add a nice depth of flavor without being too strong and creates a wonderful sauce for the meat and veggies.
4. Homemade Irish Corned Beef and Vegetables – This unique recipe includes brining and recipes for horseradish cream and Guinness mustard.
5. Corned Beef and Cabbage – This recipe definitely looks interesting as it contains oranges, celery and apples. Don’t let that fool you though, the rating is nearly 5 stars!
6. Brown Sugar and Mustard Glazed Corned Beef – This sounds delish for something different from the norm. I love that you still boil the meat though so that you have the yummy broth for cabbage, potatoes and carrots!
7. Corned Beef Brisket from Scratch – We’ve been trying to eat more naturally and homemade, so I think I will have to give this a try sometime. With this recipe you’re basically creating the corned beef yourself – and I love that it doesn’t have any nitrates and the like in it.
8. Alton Brown’s Corned Beef – Alton is one of my favorite food TV personalities as he takes great care to build an awesome recipe. This is his take on corned beef.
9. Glazed Corned Beef with Lentils – This corned beef recipe has the yummy idea of cooking lentils in the corned beef broth.
10. Crock Pot Corned Beef Dinner – Because there’s nothing better than setting it and forgetting it when you’re making it yourself, right?
11. Corned Beef and Cabbage – Pressure Cooker – I’ve never used a pressure cooker but have always heard good things (don’t worry, today’s pressure cookers are much safer than yester-year’s exploding ones), plus they cook so much faster.
12. Corned Beef and Cabbage – This recipe is super simple with just 4 ingredients.
13. Glazed Corned Beef – A different take on glazed corned beef using apricot preserves, soy sauce and more.
14. Grilled Corned Beef – I have to say that as odd as grilled corned beef sound, I’m definitely intrigued enough to try it some time.
15. Apple and Brown Sugar Corned Beef – This corned beef recipe uses apple juice to provide more flavor.