Happy New Year! I love having New Years parties as it’s the perfect time to serve several different appetizers whether they are savory, sweet or somewhere in between. What’s not to love about appetizers when you can have several different items in tiny servings, right? Here are 15 of my favorite New Years Party Appetizers Recipes that spice things up from the usual fruit and crudites trays.
15 New Years Party Appetizers Recipes
1. Japanese Chicken Wings – Perfect for when you want something different from the traditional chicken wings. You can skip the flour and frying in butter and just bake in the sauce for a healthier chicken wing that’s still delicious.
2. Stuffed Mushrooms – This is a great option to have for vegetarians, or you can make it a bit more carnivore-friendly by adding some ground sausage.
3. Bacon Wrapped Smokies – These are one of my all-time favorites. Be sure to make a double batch for a crowd – I once made these on my boyfriend’s birthday along with babyback ribs. He said he’d be able to eat a whole rack of ribs himself – but he could only eat a couple individual ribs because he ate so many of these bacon wrapped smokies before hand.
4. Mini Meatballs in Cranberry Sauce – I first tried these at an in-store demo and loved them so much they are a must-have each year.
6. Snowman Cracker Snacks – If you’ll be having younger kids at your party, this is a snack that’s fun and totally kid-friendly.
8. Toasted Ravioli – While perhaps not the healthiest appetizer to start the new year with, they sure are delicious.
9. Sausage Balls – This is a recipe I have to make each year.
10. Cream Cheese Penguins – I think these are so cute!
11. Pot Stickers – While frozen pot stickers can be quite tasty, I like to make my own when I have time as they are that much more delicious.
13. Sugar Coated Pecans – Be sure to make plenty of these – it’s hard to stop at just one handful!
14. Caramel Chex Mix – A yummy portable treat that isn’t overly sinfully sweet.
15. Cookie Tray – The perfect way to use up the last of the leftover holiday cookies. My Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are always a star!
I hope you all have a great new year full of good health, success, finances, love and happiness!